This retreat has been completed. For a list of upcoming retreats click here.
AYP Yoga and Meditation Retreat, Devon, United Kingdom
3rd - 7th December 2020
This retreat will take place at the Eden Rise Retreat Centre in Devon, South West England. The centre has been deliberately converted for retreats and is in a beautiful location in the Devon countryside.
The centre has a large yoga room, under-floor heating throughout and wifi.
- Deep Meditation
- Spinal Breathing Pranayama
- Mudras and bandhas
- Self inquiry
The focus of the retreat will be on the cultivation of inner silence and peace-fullness. During the retreat we will be looking in depth at the practice of pranayama and how we can use pranayama to purify the subtle nervous system.
This will include:
- The practice of Spinal Breathing Pranayama and why this is possibly the most effective form of pranayama available today.
- The practice of Nadi Shoddhana
- The practice of Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka
- The practice of Dynamic Jhalandhara bandha
- How kumbhaka (breath retention) works to purify the subtle nervous system and a look at the different kinds of breath retention and the different ways in which they affect the body.
- The theory behind how pranayama leads to the awakening of kundalini.
Full instructions in practice will be given. The retreat will be led in English and will be suitable for people of all levels of experience.
There will be 20 minutes of karma yoga (service to others) each day. All yoga classes and meditation sessions are optional, so you can take the retreat at your own pace.
There will be a maximum of 10 people on this retreat due to the coronavirus regulations.
Tristan began the practice of yoga in 1985 at school when he was 16 years old. At the age of 19 he travelled to the Himalayas to live in a Mahayana Buddhist monastery. This was really his first introduction to the higher teachings and to the spiritual life. He had his first awakening experience a year later after a meditation retreat in a Buddhist cave monastery in Thailand…
Food will be vegetarian. The food served will support a yoga and meditation practice. We can also cater for vegan diets and special diets such as dairy or gluten free, if you let us know in advance.
There will be two meals served each day (brunch and dinner) and fruits and hot drinks will be available all day.
- Single pod (female): a single bed in a room which has been partitioned into single sleeping areas: £440 per person (available)
- Single pod (male): a single bed in a room which has been partitioned into single sleeping areas: £440 per person (available)
- Twin room (for people who are already in a bubble only): £440 per person (fully booked)
- Single room: £480 (fully booked)
- Campervan (for people bringing their own campervan to sleep in): £390 per person (1 place remaining)
The price includes accommodation, food and all the yoga sessions. A non-refundable deposit of £70 per person is required to secure a place on the retreat.
The centre is left free for 2 or 3 days between each event to allow for airing and cleaning.
If this event cannot go ahead because of the coronavirus situation, then participants will be offered the chance to change their booking to a future retreat with Tristan, or to receive a full refund.
Unfortunately the sauna will not be accessible due to the Covid-19 regulations.
Getting there and away
Eden Rise is about a 10-minute taxi ride from either Totnes train station or bus station.
The nearest international airport is Exeter.
Arrival will be in the afternoon of the 3rd December between 3pm and 5pm and departure on the 7th December around noon.
Thursday 3rd December
17:30-19:00 asana, pranayama, meditation, samyama
Friday 4th December to Sunday 6th December
07:00-08:30 asana, pranayama, meditation, samyama
08:40-09:30 pranayama, meditation, samyama
11:00 – 16:30 free time/ walking/ personal practice
16:30 – 18:00 asana pranayama, meditation, samyama
20:00 evening talk/ questions and answers